Working together ... we can all make a difference and help support anyone whose life is affected by Multiple Sclerosis
Follow me on
+44 (0) 7768 904 878

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Round The Island Race 2011

I am so excited to share that I finished the race and we came in the TOP 20% out of 1908 Boats that finished. Here we are on left sailing past Hurst Castle at full speed!!!
It was very tough, must confess, especially with the weather, tidal challenges and very early start! However, this not a problem for my expert teacher Matthew Fordham from Sailing Ventures in Lymington. Matthew was our Skipper aboard Flame with a crew of 7. He continued my training through out the race along with other fantastic crew members that all helped me when I was finding things difficult. Thanks so much. Not bad for a lady that has been diagnosed with MS for over 17 years and had only 2 training sessions aboard flame. Roll on my next Sail with Sailing Ventures, after some serious rest!!!